Having any type of car accident is traumatic and it can be difficult to get all details exchanged with the other party to the accident and therefore it is important that the Gardai are called to the scence as they usually take down all details.

If the other person involved is insured outside of Ireland and you wish to take a claim for either vehicle damage or personal injuries or both it is important to notify the MiBi of your intention and to fill out their claim notification form.  It is not enough to persue your claim through the Injuries Board alone as the MiBi will follow up to see if the other party has valid insurance, if yes then it is fine and you will be notified BUT if not it is the MiBi that you will have to deal with, with regard to your claim alongside the Injuries Board.  The sooner the MiBi is notified the sooner they can check the status of the other party’s insurance and advise you on how to proceed.

If you are involved in an accident you should contact your solicitor to guide you through the process of making such a claim and we would be happy to answer any queries that you may have.

Car Accidents and foreign insured third party car

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *